- GEFFRYE MUSEUM:
- Geffrye Museum (136 Kingsland Rd, London E2 8EA)
The Geffrye is located in Shoreditch just minutes from the City of London.
"Collections comprise furniture, textiles, paintings and objects displayed in a series of period rooms from 1600 to the present day.
Includes virtual tour..."
Admission to the museum including the eleven period rooms and herb and period gardens is free.
- Madame TUSSAUDS :
- SHERLOCK HOLMES'S MUSEUM :
- THE MUSEUM OF LONDON :
- The Crime Museum Uncovered - 9 October 2015
"For the first time ever, never-before-seen objects from the Metropolitan Police’s Crime Museum are on public display in this major exhibition at the Museum of London."
- THE BRITISH MUSEUM :
- THE BRITISH MUSIC EXPERIENCE :
- The British Music Experience "is a permanent exhibition, taking up more than 20,000 square feet, installed into The O2 Bubble, part of The O2 in Greenwich, London. Opened with a private concert by The View in March 2009, it features a retrospective look at the British music industry since 1944."
- The British Music Experience
"Britain's Museum Of Popular Music. Immerse yourself in the jaw-dropping history of British music, which created some of the world's most loved stars."
Address : The O2 Bubble, The O2, Peninsula Square, London, North Greenwich SE10 0DX
- THE CHURCHILL WAR ROOMS :
- THE IMPERIAL WAR MUSEUM :
- Learning Resources
- Imperial War Museum - Lambeth Road - London SE1 6HZ - FREE admission
"IWM London is a museum that tells the stories of people’s experiences of modern war and conflict."
- THE LONDON TRANSPORT MUSEUM :
- THE LONDON DUNGEON :
The London Dungeon "is a London tourist attraction, which recreates various gory and macabre historical events in a gallows humour style aimed at younger audiences. It uses a mixture of live actors, special effects and rides.
Opening in 1974, it was initially designed as a museum of macabre history, but the Dungeon has evolved to become an actor-led, interactive experience."
- London Dungeon advert showing Queen Mary I as zombie banned
"An advert for the London Dungeon has been banned after terrifying children by showing Queen Mary I of England turning into a flesh-eating zombie...
The digital poster, which was placed on escalators on the London Underground, showed the infamous Queen sitting passively on a chair before suddenly turning into a member of the undead and turning to face towards tube passengers.
Four people complained that the zombie - complete with bloody gashes on her face, rotting teeth and red eyes - had terrified their children..."
- THE NATIONAL GALLERY :
- The National Gallery - a worksheet created by Marie André-Milesi (Ac. Besançon)
- The National Gallery - with PHOTOS
- National Gallery in London bans selfie sticks - 11 March 2015
"Trafalgar Square gallery joins Museum of Modern Art and Guggenheim in banning gadgets, while British Museum considers similar move...
Photography is allowed for personal, non-commercial purposes in the National Gallery – however, there are a few exceptions in order to protect paintings, copyright of loans, individual privacy and the overall visitor experience. Therefore the use of flash and tripods is not permitted."
- The National Gallery is an art museum on Trafalgar Square in London. Founded in 1824, it houses a collection of over 2,300 paintings dating from the mid-13th century to 1900.[a] The Gallery is an exempt charity, and a non-departmental public body of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport. Its collection belongs to the public of the United Kingdom and entry to the main collection is free of charge. It is the fifth most visited art museum in the world, after the Musée du Louvre, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the British Museum and Tate Modern."
- 'NATIONAL GALLERY' - Trailer
National Gallery (2014)
"The National Gallery in London is one of the great museums of the world with 2400 paintings from the 13th to the end of the 19th century.
Almost every human experience is represented in one or the other of the paintings. The sequences of the film show the public in various galleries; the education programs, and the scholars, scientists and curators, studying, restoring and planning the exhibitions. The relation between painting and storytelling is explored..."
- National Gallery in London in the lens for new documentary - 18 September 2014
- The National Gallery
Un document de Mauricette Casabonne-Angla (Ac. Bordeaux)
prévu pour des 4ème et 3ème euro.
- National Gallery
Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN
"Take a virtual tour of 18 rooms at the National Gallery. Get closer to the paintings: choose fullscreen for an even better view."
Learn about art.
- THE NATIONAL HISTORY MUSEUM :
- THE SCIENCE MUSEUM :
- THE TATE :