PICTURES / CLIPARTS :
My summer holiday (before, during and after)
A dog is trying to beat the TEXAS heat after his owners emptied their cooler in the driveway.
- Temperature : 108.9° Farenheit = 42.7° Celsius
- So Hot That...
"The hottest day ever in New York City was July 9, 1936, when the mercury reached 106 degrees in Central Park. Here’s how The Times reported it:
“In the great shopping districts in the Thirties, the pavements became so soft in late afternoon that the crosswalks were dotted with rubber heels that were caught in the asphalt and tar as women passed by. ... In Syracuse, on one of the main streets, a housewife fried an egg on the pavement; at Perry, N.Y., an absent-minded man who left his false teeth on the window sill returned within an hour to find them melted away...“"
What happened to you when it was so hot in summer 2010 ?
- THINGS TO DO IN SUMMER :
INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES :
- Planning a Holiday - Reading activity - interactive
"Read this text about Sabrina and her friends, and then answer questions 1-6."
LESSON PLANS :
- Plan an exciting summer holiday
"The task of this project is to:
- plan a holiday in an English-speaking country by working in groups
- present it to the class
- decide which holiday plan is the most interesting
This project will take about 5 hours (45 minutes each)."
- Holiday webquest
"You have to plan your summer holiday’s trip to one of the following countries...
The outcome of this Web Quest is an oral report supported by PowerPoint presentation..."
Summer Vacation - On the Internet! (a scavenger hunt WITH ANSWERS) - (Education World)
"Travel and learn with Kate and her younger brother, Matt, as they
explore the U.S. - on the Internet!
Visit Web sites connected to popular attractions, and search
those sites for answers to questions from Kate and Matt!"
- You will visit :
- the Franklin Institute Science Museum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Colonial Williamsburg, in Virginia
- the National Civil Rights Museum
- Disney World.
- the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas.
- The entire Grand Canyon is in northern Arizona.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Mount Rushmore in South Dakota
- Wrigley Field (with the Chicago Cubs baseball team )
- Cape Cod
INTERACTIVE GAMES :
GAMES TO PRINT :
CARTOONS : (Si le lien est inaccessible, enregistrer l'image pour obtenir
la taille initiale.)
- Learn about things we do during the summer holidays.
"In this video you are going to learn English (ESL,EFL) Vocabulary and expressions related to summer holidays and activities...
Communication focus: What do you want to do for the summer?, Where do you want to go?"