- Pause & predict – YouTube technique - activity
This 'Pause & predict' YouTube activity is quite simple and can be used with a variety of YouTube videos, especially those from Mr Bean. The clip used here is a great introduction to the theme of travel and can help students practise prediction, e.g. 'I think he'll pack his teddy bear' or 'He's definitely going to forget his suitcase.'
and Transport - 'Trains and boats and planes' -
- a lesson proposed by Randall S. Davis (esl-lab)
- a list of commonly-used vocabulary with a recording of the
words in RealMedia format.
- a short quiz to test students' comprehension of some
of the words,
- a Follow-Up exercise for expanding students' use
of the vocabulary in a conversation with a partner or group.
Cards: Travel - a lesson plan
"Activity: Vocabulary Review (Circumlocutions Game)
Skills: Speaking, Listening
Class Time: 30-45 minutes"
Systems - a webquest
Places To Go | People To See | Things To Do | Teacher Resources | Bibliography
"The goal of most transportation systems is to facilitate
the rapid, safe, and economical movement of people and goods.
systems can include traveling on foot, on horseback, on camel, on bicycle,
by car, by train, by boat, by subway, by airplane, and many more ways..."
POSTERS / ADS :