- File sharing "is the practice of distributing or providing access to digitally stored information, such as computer programs, multimedia (audio, images, and video), documents, or electronic books. It may be implemented through a variety of ways. Common methods of storage, transmission, and distribution used in file sharing include manual sharing using removable media, centralized servers on computer networks,World Wide Web-based hyperlinked documents, and the use of distributed peer-to-peer networking (see peer-to-peer file sharing)..."
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) "computing or networking is a distributed application architecture that partitions tasks or workloads among peers..."
EVENTS / FACTS :
- US music file-sharer must pay damages - 24 August 2012
"Joel Tenenbaum must pay $675,000 (£426,000) in damages awarded to the major US music labels after his request for a retrial was turned down.
Mr Tenenbaum, 25, was found guilty of illegally downloading and distributing 31 songs in 2007."
- New internet piracy law comes into effect in France
"Illegal downloaders will be sent a warning e-mail, then a letter if they continue, and finally must appear before a judge if they offend again.
The judge can impose a fine, or suspend their access to the internet."
- What is the future of music online?
"For years, the music industry has, in the words of Bonnie Tyler, been holding out for a hero.
For the industry, this hero must come up with an idea that is great enough to tempt fans away from illegal file-sharing sites, while simultaneously making money for artists, songwriters and record labels."
LESSON PLANS :
Germany Rules Against YouTube In Copyright Case (22nd April, 2012) - a lesson plan with audio
"A court in Hamburg, Germany has ruled that the video-sharing site YouTube is responsible for videos on its site that are posted illegally.
The ruling said YouTube must do more to prevent posters uploading copyrighted music videos to the site."
Megaupload Boss Pleads Innocence (23rd January, 2011) - a lesson plan with audio
- Internet Piracy Bill in Trouble (20th January, 2011) - a lesson plan with audio
CARTOONS : (Si le lien est inaccessible, enregistrer l'image pour obtenir
la taille initiale.)
- Copying Is Not Theft
"Making more of a thing,
that is what we call "copying"
Sharing ideas with everyone
That's why copying