- List of lucky symbols
- 50 Good Luck Symbols From Around The World
- Signs and Symbols of Good Luck
- Good Luck Charms: A Few at a Glance
- Nature's Good Luck Signs
- Lucky Insects
- Lucky Animal Totems
- Plants Representing Luck
- Lucky Objects
- Some Coin-Related Superstitions
- The Legend of the Dream Catcher
- What Do Lucky Shapes and Objects Mean?
- Icons Symbolizing Luck
How to Find the North Star (VIDEO)
- Lucky Symbols and Numbers
- Wish Makers
- Good Luck Gemstones
LOTTERY / RAFFLE / LUCK:
Opportunist thief steals pot of gold in New York – video - 30 November 2016
"Surveillance footage released on Tuesday shows an opportunistic thief stealing a bucket of gold, worth $1.6m, from the back of an armored truck in Manhattan, New York. In the footage, shot in September, the man is seen walking past the unguarded vehicle, he then spots the gold, and quickly walks off with it. The man is still at large."
- Euromillions: UK ticketholder claims £34m jackpot - 17 September 2016
"A UK ticketholder who won a £34m jackpot in Friday's Euromillions draw has come forward to claim the prize...
The biggest lottery prize in UK history is the £161m Euromillions jackpot won by North Ayrshire couple Chris and Colin Weir in 2011."
- 'World's luckiest man': Dubai air crash survivor wins one million dollars on lottery six days later - 10 August 2016
"I live a simple life, and now that it’s my time to retire, I feel like God gave me a second life when I survived the plane crash, and blessed me with this money to follow all this up by doing good things...
If you ask me about my plans, I obviously want to help the children in Kerala who are less fortunate than others and need some financial help and medical support..."
- British ticket holder scoops £148m EuroMillions jackpot - 11 August 2012
"According to the Sunday Times Rich List 2012, the ticketholder will now be wealthier than the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, who have land inheritance valued at £28m, actor Daniel Radcliffe with £54m and singer Adele at £20m.
They will also be richer than Lewis Hamilton at £55m, footballer Wayne Rooney at £45m, at Twilight actor Robert Pattinson at £40m."
- Hot tubs and walk-in wardrobes top lottery winners' wish lists - 18 May 2012
"Hot tubs, walk-in wardrobes and pet dogs are the most popular items bought by lottery winners, a survey has found."
- Frano Selak: 'world's luckiest man' gives away his lottery fortune - 14 May 2010
"A music teacher, Frano Selak, who was dubbed the world's luckiest man after cheating death seven times before winning the lottery has now decided to give away his fortune.
The 81 year-old won £600,000 five years ago in the lottery in Croatia, to celebrate his fifth marriage, after earlier surviving plane and train crashes.
He also survived other disasters...
Now the pensioner has decided that "money cannot buy happiness" and has decided to live a frugal life."
- Strangers to get €280,000 legacy - 16 September 2009
"A WOMAN has left all her €280,000 fortune to about 200 people she met by chance through life.
Jeannine Vromant, from Dieppe, Seine-Maritime, died in 2008 at the age of 86 and, having no family and having never married, decided to give
pleasure to strangers who had helped her."
- German motorway strewn with notes - 15 May 2009
"A man in Germany discovered the dangers of driving an open-top car when an envelope containing 23,000 euros (£20,600) blew off the back seat.
The notes rained down on the fast-moving motorway traffic behind him."
- How Do People Spend Their Lottery Winnings? - Text + Audio - 13 January 2016
"America’s Powerball lottery jackpot is over $1 billion. Where does the money go? Some winners start charities.
Others buy gifts for family and friends. What others do might surprise you."
Lottery Ticket: Lotteries
"Talking about luck and the lottery is really common in EFL ESL classes. I used this scene to lead in the topic.
The scene sounds almost like a documentary, since it shows interviews of passers-by, saying what they would do if they won a very fat lottery ticket..."
+ a video