- broadsheet - You can listen to the pronunciation.
= "a newspaper printed on large paper, usually a respectable newspaper rather than atabloid."
- You can listen to the pronunciation.
a newspaper whose pages, usually five columns wide, are about one-half the size of a standard-sizednewspaper page.
a newspaper this size concentrating on sensational and lurid news, usually heavily illustrated.
a short form or version; condensation; synopsis; summary.
- Newspaper Glossary (enchantedlearning.com)
- Newspaper - 26 words - with interactive activities (manythings.org)
- News Words: News jargon - with AUDIO
"The BBC's Clare Arthurs looks at some of the jargon often used in the news and news reporting."
Found in the News!
"Idioms are everywhere in American life. Here's
a collection of idioms (with definitions) found in popular newspapers