BACK TO :
The novel : Study guides - Worksheets - Lesson plans - Interactive quizzes
- Study guides :
- MonkeyNotes Study Guide by Ray Mescallado
"Note: this sample contains only excerpts and does not represent the full contents of the booknote."
(For the complete study guide: http://monkeynote.stores.yahoo.net/ , but it is not free...)
KEY LITERARY ELEMENTS / SETTING / CHARACTER LIST / CONFLICT
SHORT PLOT SUMMARY (Synopsis) / THEMES / MOOD
BACKGROUND INFORMATION - BIOGRAPHY / LITERARY / HISTORICAL INFORMATION
CHAPTER SUMMARIES WITH NOTES / OVERALL ANALYSES / CHARACTER ANALYSIS
PLOT STRUCTURE ANALYSIS / THEMES - THEME ANALYSIS / AUTHOR'S STYLE
IMPORTANT QUOTES - NOTABLE QUOTATIONS
SYMBOLISM / MOTIFS / IMAGERY / SYMBOLS
IMPORTANT / KEY FACTS SUMMARY
STUDY QUESTIONS - MULTIPLE CHOICE QUIZ + ANSWER KEY
ESSAY TOPICS - BOOK REPORT IDEAS
- Teacher's Notes - Penguin Readers
About the author / Summary / Background and themes / Discussion activities
- Book Review
Summary and Critique
Media Connections : Movies/Documentaries - Television - Music
- Study Guide: The Wave by Todd Strasser - BookNotes (thebestnotes.com)
Chapter Summaries with Notes / Analysis
- The Wave - Analysis (shmoop.com)
- Worksheets :
- Communications 11 The Wave - Unit 11 Worksheet
"DIRECTIONS: Answer these questions on a separate sheet of paper as you read the novel.
Each question should be numbered, written out in full and answered in complete sentences..."
- Lesson plans :
- Interactive quizzes :
- The Wave Quizzes (gradesaver.com)
- The Wave by Todd Strasser
"This is a cumulative quiz for after the reading of Todd Strasser's novel, The Wave.
The quiz contains multiple choice questions, along with a few short answer questions."
- Mrs. Hollen's Online Wave quiz
"This is an online quiz to assess comprehension of Todd Strasser's novel: The Wave."
The film :
THE WAVE - LATEST WAVE NEWS/EVENTS
Several countries will be showing Lesson Plan on TV (click to see networks)
Mark Hancock Activities
- "Mark Hancock is an original Third Wave student, the class historian, and Associate Producer of the film documentary "Lesson Plan"
about the Third Wave class. He is also manager and webmaster of the primary Wave resource website www.thewavehome.com"
Message from Mark Hancock :
"I am one of the students in the original Wave class in 1967, and we produced a documentary film about the class released in 2010 entitled "Lesson Plan"
in which the original students and teacher re-tell the story of the experiment. Our movie is based here:
(the DVD is not available yet, and we are working on an online streaming alternative for Europe).
I also hope to visit Europe and show the film in schools (I spoke in Barcelona and Jerusalem in March, 2013),
so if you know teachers that would be interested in a visit to their school, please pass along my information.
My school and film festival visits so far are listed here: http://www.thewavehome.com/visits.htm
Also, I manage the official Wave FAQ website, which contains information and photos about the class experiment and our school:
Also, original teacher Ron Jones' website is:
Ron Jones Website
"This website is about an author, Ron Jones and his video storytelling. He is internationally known for the Emmy and Peabody Award adaptation of his classroom experience called THE WAVE. His books The Acorn People and B-Ball have been made into TV dramas.
Ron lives in San Francisco, California where he performs regularly as a storyteller."
- "Die Welle (English: The Wave) is a 2008 German film directed by Dennis Gansel and starring Jürgen Vogel, Frederick Lau, Jennifer Ulrich and Max Riemelt in the leads. It is based on Ron Jones' social experiment The Third Wave..."
- The official site - with Trailers (welle.film.de)
- The Wave : synopsis / characteristics / 4 photos
- 'Like history in the first person' - 16 September 2008
"A new film tells how a teacher in the 1960s carried out a terrifying experiment in fascism with his class. Anthea Lipsett tracks him down - and some of his students."