THE WRITER :
- Roald Dahl Day Celebrates British Writer's 100th Birthday - Text + Audio + Pictures - 13 September 2016
"Roald Dahl is a beloved British writer. He is the author of some of the world’s best-known children’s novels, including “James and the Giant Peach,” “Matilda,” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.” On Tuesday, people around the world celebrated what would have been Dahl’s 100th birthday."
- The dark side of Roald Dahl - 13 September 2016
"Roald Dahl was an unpleasant man who wrote macabre books – and yet children around the world adore them.
Perhaps this shouldn’t surprise us, writes Hephzibah Anderson."
Dahl - Interviews
"Roald Dahl talks to Julia Eccleshare about
- the importance of reading (0 min 44)
- childrens' love of laughter and attraction to rudeness (0 min 54)
- his views on the conditioning of children and their relationship with
adults (1 min 2)
- the world he creates for his child characters (0 min 44)"
Official Roald Dahl Website
"This site brings to life classics such as Willie Wonka and the Chocolate
Factory, Mathilda, and James and the Giant Peach.
Teachers will enjoy the lessons and classroom activities available
for download. The activity on Collecting Words lists as examples the
words Dahl collected for beautiful and angry or rude or nasty, and asks
students to collect words for big, rich and funny."