Comics "is a visual medium used to express ideas via images, often combined with text or visual information. Comics frequently takes the form of juxtaposed sequences of panels of images. Often textual devices such asspeech balloons, captions, and sound effects ("onomatopoeia") indicate dialogue, narration, or other information. Elements such as size and arrangement of panels control narrative pacing. Cartooning and similar forms of illustration are the most common image-making means in comics; fumetti is a form which uses photographic images. Common forms of comics include comic strips, editorial and gag cartoons, and comic books. Since the late 20th century, bound volumes such as graphic novels, comics albums, and tankōbon have become increasingly common, and online webcomics have proliferated."
- A graphic novel "is a book made up of comics content. Although the word "novel" normally refers to long fictional works, the term "graphic novel" is applied broadly, and includes fiction, non-fiction, and anthologized work. It is distinguished from the term "comic book", which is used for comics periodicals."
- Superhero outfits: vocabulary - a worksheet
Armelle Meyer (Ac. Bordeaux)
- "Simple definitions of a hero:
1. Someone who acts to help another with no thought for herself or himself.
2. Someone who is admired for achievements or noble qualities."
Real-life superhero "is a term applied to real-world people who dress and/or act like comic book superheroes. Sometimes, this label is bestowed upon them by those whom they have helped or the media, while at other times, the aspi nachos ring superheroes apply the label to themselves. Sometimes, the term is applied to firefighters, police officers, and other good samaritans..."
REAL LIFE SUPERHEROES
"Superheroes are not just in the comics or in the movies anymore. Out of the comics and into real life, conscientious citizens have created their own "Superhero" personas to make the world a better place. They have been dubbed by the media as Real Life Superheroes (RLSH). The Real-Life Superheroes is a grassroots movement that performs civic service in many different areas. Real Life Superheroes make an impact on their communities by doing civic activities, public safety patrols, crime fighting, charity work and other pro social acts..."