- To Grill or Not to Grill: Commemorating a Saint’s Martyrdom
- St. Lawrence = the patron saint of cooks
"Lawrence, a deacon in Rome during the third century, met his martyrdom being roasted alive on a gridiron...
- St. Macarius of Egypt (feast day January 2) is the patron saint of cooks, confectioners and pastry chefs...
- St. Honoré (feast day May 16) is the patron saint of bakers...
- St. Arnold (July 8 ) is the patron saint of brewers...
- St. Martha (feast day July 29) is the patron saint of cooks and housekeepers."
- CANDY :
- Sweet Starts
"Some familiar candy brands have been in production for more than a century, while some others reach back even further.
How did these sweet treats get their start? We’ve got their sugar-coated beginnings right here..."
1. NECCO WAFERS
2. SQUIRREL NUT CHEWS
3. HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE BAR
5. GOOGOO CLUSTERS
6. MARY JANE
7. CLARK BAR
8. BABY RUTH
10. MILKY WAY
- BEST-SELLING CANDY BY COUNTRY (neatorama.com)
Food Timeline (chewing gum 400 BC...) - (foodtimeline.org)
Meaning of Food is an exploration of culture through
"What we consume, how we acquire it, who prepares it, who's
at the table, and who eats first
is a form of communication that is rich with meaning..."
- Food and LIFE
- Food and FAMILY
- Food and CULTURE