|EN FRANCAIS||IN ENGLISH|
|Animations / Videos||Activities|
|Animations Brainpop||Animations / Videos|
|Cartes (réchauffement de la planète)||Cliparts|
|Catastrophes naturelles (géographie)|
|Catastrophes naturelles (vocabulaire)|
|Cycle de l'eau|
|Effet de serre||Encyclopedia|
|Environnement : Vocabulaire et Activités|
|'Flashcards' et 'Cliparts'||Flashcards and Cliparts|
|Journée de la Terre|
|Journée Mondiale de l'Environnement|
|Mystères||Maps (global warming)|
|Natural disasters (geography)|
|Natural disasters (vocabulary)|
|Ozone (Couche d'- )||Ozone layer|
|Réchauffement de la planète||Recycling|
|Santé||Science news highlights of 2011|
|Themes / Topics|
|Videos / Animations|
|Vocabulaire et Activités : environnement||Vocabulary and Activities : environment|
|Webquests : Recyclage||Water cycle|
|Webquests : Recycling|
|World Environment Day|
Related pages :
RIO+20 EARTH SUMMIT
Rio+20 Brings Attention to Sustainable Development
Rio+20 Brings Attention to Sustainable Development - with audio + script
"Read, listen and learn English with this story. Double-click on any word to find the definition in the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary."
Rio+20 Conference - Official site
U.N. Pessimism at Rio+20 Earth Summit (21st June, 2012) - a lesson plan with audio
"As Brazil's President welcomed world leaders to the Rio+20 Earth Summit, the U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon cast doubts on the three-day event."
Nations at odds on Rio+20 earth summit - 12 June 2012
"The draft agreement (titled The Future We Want) would improve energy, water and food security in poorer countries, phase out fossil fuel subsidies and boost ocean protection."
- The planet - interactive map (apps.forskning.se)
- 2011: Britain's environmental year in review
"A difficult year for the government as their forests sell-off plan was abandoned – but difficult for Natural England too."
- Science news highlights of 2011
"The year 2011 offered up glimpses of Earth-like planets, hints of the Higgs boson and suggestions of a discovery that could turn modern physics on its head.
Headlines were dominated by the catastrophic earthquake and tsunami in Japan, which resulted in the loss of thousands of lives and plunged the country into a nuclear emergency.
The BBC News website's science editor Paul Rincon looks back at an eventful year in science and the environment."
In pictures: 2011 as seen from space (BBC)
- Why the white wilderness needs our care
"The number of ships visiting the Antarctic is growing; and that brings an increasing risk of accidents that could pollute the coastline and the
Southern Ocean. In the Green Room this week, James Barnes says that governments must act now to protect the White Continent."
Global Environment Outlook [21.9MB]
State of the planet, in graphics
CHANGING WORLD / SHRINKING RESOURCES / BIODIVERSITY / WATER / URBAN GROWTH...
Green Schools Poster
"Select areas or rooms in the poster or use the list of locations on the left to surf the school in search of tips.
Hold cursor over rooms or outdoor locations to learn more. How green is your school?..."
Reducing packaging and reducing waste (olliesworld.com)
Facts and Figures / Quiz / What do we use packaging for ? / Learn to recycle...
INTERNATIONAL POLAR YEAR :
- International Polar Year (Wikipedia)
- NOAA Activities in support of the International Polar Year (2007-2008) (arctic.noaa.gov)
NOAA = National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Acid rain - Clean air and water - Earth Day - Energy conservation - General -
Global warming - Organizations and Agencies - Recycling
Ecokids - Site interactif sur l'Environnement (ecokids.ca)
- The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe, with support from the Toyota Environmental Activities Grant Program and the Toyota Social Contributions Fund, present GREEN PACK (FLASH site) - (greenpack.rec.org) :
- Environmental components : Air - Water - Soil - Biodiversity
- Threats and Pressures : Urbanization - Noise - Waste - Chemicals
- Human activities : Energy - Transport - Industry - Agriculture - Forestry - Tourism
- Global challenges : Climate change - Ozone depletion - Acidification - Seas and Oceans
- Values : Consumer society - Health and Environment - Citizens' Rights - Our Earth in the Future
- I Have a Dream- A Beautiful Planet - multimedia show (www3.sympatico.ca)
Geography Action! (National Geographic)
"is an annual conservation and awareness program designed to educate and excite people about natural, cultural, and historic treasures. Each year, they will present a different topic related to conservation and the environment. The Geography Action! program features:
a) Kids Take Action!, an activity-based conservation awareness program ;
b) Geography Awareness Week, a series of events to celebrate conservation;
c) Lesson Plans;
d) Games; and
Topics so far include: Biodiversity, Conservation, Habitats, Population, Rivers, U.S. Public Lands."
- Our Earth - Our Future By Young People of the World - with pictures (grida.no)
- EPA Explorers' Club - Environmental Protection Agency's Kids Page -
Thèmes proposés : "air, water, plants and animals, garbage and recycling, you and your environment, and games."
- Explorers Club ABC's of Superfund
A chaque lettre de l'alphabet correspond un mot relatif à l'environnement. On retrouve ce mot dans une phrase accompagnée d'une image animée.
- Ersys (ersys.com)
"Using maps, charts, reports, and relevant links, Ersys covers over 1300 US cities with detailed information on demographics, environmental factors, economic indicators, housing stats, media (newspaper, television, and radio), schools, transportation, local contacts, and much more!"
- Rainforest Teaching Theme (teach-nology.com) :
Activities (Reading & Writing) - Web Quests - Interactive Sites For Students - Worksheets - Lesson Plans...
- Environment, Ecology and Earth Day Folk Songs - list (nwfolk.com)
- Alphabetical Index of Health Topics -
"This listing consists of information on a variety of environmental health topics, including answers to some common environmental questions. The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences conducts basic research on environmental health and environment-related diseases."
Rio+20 summit leaders 'must improve nature protection'
"Environmentalists say leaders at June's Rio+20 summit must urgently step up nature protection, as a report confirms a 30% decline in wildlife since 1970."
LIVING PLANET REPORT 2012 (full report)
- Islands, treasure chests of biodiversity (ikonet.com/en/visualdictionary)
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT :
- Museum of unnatural mystery (unmuseum)
"Are there really flying saucers? What killed the dinosaurs? Is there something ancient and alive in Loch Ness?
The Museum takes a scientific look at these, and other, questions."