LESSON PLANS :
- Obama announces new Clean Power Plan (August 06, 2015) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"The U.S. president Barack Obama has announced a new plan to combat climate change. It is called the Clean Power Plan."
- Monthly lesson plan - Earth Hour
"Students watch a promotional video for Earth Hour, read a text about Earth Hour in the UK, and talk about issues related to the topic.
Students listen to a song from the video as an extension activity."
- Arctic sea ice shrinks to record low - a lesson plan with audio (August 29, 2012)
"Scientists have announced that the layer of ice covering the Arctic Ocean has shrunk to an all-time low record."
- Ups and Downs in Copenhagen - a lesson plan (15 December 2009)
"There is a lot of mistrust between the poorer and rich nations."
WARM-UPS : CLIMATE CHANGE / CLIMATE REPS / SUCCESS / GLOBAL WARMING / EMISSIONS
New Machine Sucks CO2 from the Air - a lesson plan (30 November 2009)
"Engineers at a U.S. laboratory may have discovered one answer to the problem of global warming."
CO2 / INVENTIONS / CARBON EMISSIONS / WHAT CAN I DO? / SCIENCE FICTION
Arctic Ice May Disappear in a Decade - a lesson plan (15 October 2009)
"A new report on global warming predicts the frozen Arctic Ocean will soon be like a normal sea in the summers..."
WARM-UPS : NORTH POLE / ENVIRONMENT / THE FUTURE / DISASTERS / ICE
UN - We can control Global Warming (2007-05-05)
- The year 2007 to be the hottest ever (6 January 2007) - a lesson plan (Breaking
- 2005-11-19: Climate change threatens fish populations - easier | harder
- 2005-09-29: Global warming threatens Arctic - easier | harder
- Climate change overview
"In this lesson students will gain an overview of what climate change is.
They will read some short texts, exchange information and make notes.
They will also learn some useful vocabulary on the topic."
Green is all about what we as humans can do to minimize
our negative impact on our planet Earth.
Students will learn about different forms of pollution.
Students will learn about the environmental impact of pollution.
Students will learn about global warming.
Students will get ideas of things they can do to make a difference.
WARMING PROJECT :
TASKS 1-5 * GLOBAL WARMING GLOSSARY * TRANSLATE * DICTIONARY
(Valérie Gély - Ac. Paris)