CONVERSATION QUESTIONS :
- Group Works to End Child Labor - Text + Audio - 19 June 2016
"International Labor Organization calls child labor “modern slavery.” ILO officials say 168 million children are victims worldwide. Experts urge companies to make sure their supply chains are free of child labor."
- Group Works to Reduce Child Labor in Cambodia - Text + Audio - 25 June 2015
"Earlier this year, a United Nations report found that 10 percent of Cambodian children between the ages of seven and 14 are working.
That is one of the highest rates in Southeast Asia.
The report said one in four Cambodians aged 7 to 14 are forced to drop out of school to help their families."
- Victorians Audio Clips (BBC)
- Victorian children working in coalmines - The Trapper :
- Poor Victorian children - Street children :
- Victorian children working as chimneysweeps - Up the chimneys :
- Victorian children working in service - The maid :
Person of the week - Multiple-choice exercise (Annie Gwynn)
The Song of Iqbal - the poem
"My father sold me to a carpet man
I go to his factory at 4 am
I’m working all day as hard as I can
I’m just a child workin’ like a man..."