LESSON PLANS :
- I, ROBOT :
- Introduction - Discussion questions prior to reading the novel
- Chapter One - "Robbie"
- Chapter Two - "Runaround" with mini web quests for elements and the planet Mercury.
- Chapter Three - "Reason" with Robot web quests.
- Chapter Four - "Catch that Rabbit" with a web quest for vacuum tubes, transistors and chips.
- Chapter Five - "Liar" - thinking and talking robots, scientist character sketch
- I, Robot (film) "is a 2004 science-fiction action film directed by Alex Proyas...
Will Smith stars in the lead role of the film as Detective Del Spooner...
The story takes place in the year 2035 in Chicago, in a world where robots are widespread and used as servants and for various public services.
They are taken to be inherently safe, being designed in accordance with the Three Laws of Robotics (referring to the laws written by Isaac Asimov)..."
- Robots - a lesson plan
Theme: Domestic robots
Lexical area: Household chores
Cross curricular links: Science
- Wakamaru At Your Service
- a lesson plan - SITE
Language function: expressing ability
Topic: technology, gadgets, robots
Grammar focus: modal verb 'CAN'
- with Teacher's Notes
robots on sale in Japan - a lesson plan with "a news article, listening (MP3 file) , communication
activities, pair work,
discussion, reading and vocabulary exercises."
(Breaking News English)
FICTION PROJECT :
TASKS 1-3 * SCIENCE FI GLOSSARY * TRANSLATE * DICTIONARY * SYNONYMS
(Valérie Gély - Ac. Paris)