Buster the Boxer - a lesson plan
"This ELT lesson plan is designed around a short advert commissioned by John Lewis, and the theme of animals and Christmas.
In the lesson students revise animal vocabulary, watch a short film, predict the end of a story and speak about Christmas and Christmas traditions."
Time: 90 minutes
- Christmas cards show nativity in war zone (December 01, 2016) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"A charity has released a series of Christmas cards with a difference. They have traditional Christmas scenes from the Holy Land but they also contain images of war."
Try the same news story at these easier levels: Level 0, Level 1 or Level 2
- School says Hello Kitty Christmas tree can stay (December 25, 2015) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"A maths teacher at a high school in Maine, USA has been allowed to keep her pink Hello Kitty Christmas tree in her classroom."
The Man on the Moon - a lesson
"This EFL lesson plan is designed around a short film commissioned by the British department store John Lewis, directed by Some Such and the theme of Christmas. Students watch a short film, predict a story and talk about ways of showing people they are loved."
Time: 60 minutes
Christmas Lesson Plans
A Christmas Carol - a lesson
"In this lesson students read an extract from 'A Christmas Carol' and examine the characters in the text.
They then discuss the theme of festivals as preparation for a writing task on the same topic."
Timing: 90 minutes (plus homework)
To develop students’ ability to understand detail.
To encourage students to appreciate characterisation in a piece of creative writing.
For students to reveal character in their own pieces of writing.
- A Christmas lesson
"This lesson uses the theme of Christmas to develop learners' vocabulary. It includes an introductory song, a focus on clothes words,
a review of question and short answer forms using 'has got', and a labelling and colouring activity.
There are suggestions for some other follow up Christmas activities."
- Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus
"An interactive multimedia listening and reading lesson on the famous editorial published in The Sun in 1897.
Virginia, 8 years-old, wants to know if there is a Santa Claus...
- Researchers work out Santa Claus' salary (December 13, 2014) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"People have wondered for years what Santa does and how he does it for free.
Researchers have now come up with an answer to these age-old questions."
- Christmas for very young learners - a lesson plan
"In this lesson, children practise Christmas words with flashcard activities and games.
They listen to and sing a Christmas song, then they make a Christmas card."
- Christmas presents and decorations - a lesson plan
"In this lesson children practise Christmas words with flashcards and online games.
They make a Christmas craft, and enjoy a Christmas song or story."
- Merry Christmas Mr Bean - activities
"The activities in the worksheet at the bottom of this post are based on the full episode available on DVD or on youtube...
You are going to :
- discuss Christmas
- watch the Christmas Mr Bean episode and do some activities
- find Christmas words in a word search exercise
- write the story in the past tense
- find out more about the typical British Christmas and some of the Christmas things in the video."
- ESL Christmas Lesson (elcivics.com)
- Earliest recordings of family Christmas found (December 21, 2012) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"The National Museum of London has uncovered what it says is the first ever recording of a family Christmas, dating back 110 years.
It is of the 1902 family get-together of the Wall family from North London."
- "White Christmas" musical lesson
"This lesson is based on a special mp3 mix [5 Mo- 5’25"] of 9 different interpretations of the same song "White Christmas "
(Irving Berlin 1942) by various artists, of various epoques and various styles..."
- Production écrite en classe de sixième - Projet
pédagogique : le
conte et ses personnages
"Monica Curnelle, professeur d'anglais au Collège Gaston
Domergue à Sommières dans le Gard vous présente
un projet pédagogique complet, menée en interdisciplinarité
avec le professeur de français. Le projet s'inscrit sur plusieurs
séquences permet d'aborder plusieurs aspects linguistiques et
Les élèves abordent Halloween et Christmas en
passant par le Gingerbread Man, Shrek et le film The Nightmare
before Christmas de
Tim Burton avant d'écrire et illuster
leur propres contes en anglais et fabriquer, et déguster, des
Around the World
"A world of activities and Internet sites focused on the traditions
and spirit of Christmas!"
- Lesson plans
- Lots of ideas and activities