- The 15-Day Celebration of Chinese New Year
- Traditional New Year Foods
- Chinese New Year Decorations
- Taboos and Superstitions of Chinese New Year
and Superstitions of Chinese New Year
- House Cleaning
- Bringing In the New Year and Expelling the Old
- New Year Activities Set Precendent
- Personal Appearance and Cleanliness
- More New Year Superstitions
Inventions and the Chinese New Year
"Learn about contributions the Chinese have made in
fields of technology, science, textiles, games and toys, and the arts.
Then students prepare for and celebrate the Chinese New Year, China
s biggest celebration."
Chinese New Year! - a scavenger hunt
"Explore the Web site provided ... to learn more about
Chinese New Year traditions and celebrations.
Then use a word or words from the word bank to complete each sentence
GAMES TO PRINT
The Great Race - a story
"The Chinese Lunar calendar names each year after one of twelve animals, this year is the year of the tiger.
Here is a story which tells of the Jade Emperor's clever plan to decide the order the animal years should go in.
Find out who came first in The Great Race."
Vietnamese-Americans Celebrate Tet or Lunar New Year - VIDEO - 30 January 2017
"Eden Center in Falls Church, Virginia hosted a Lunar New Year celebration for the year of the rooster.
VOA Learning English was there and spoke to members of the Vietnamese American community."