LESSON PLANS :
- Smoking - with audio
1) An oral comprehension in 7 parts.
2) Work on a video to learn lots of vocabulary and work on expressing new ideas
- Beijing introduces tough smoking ban (3rd June, 2015) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"A tough new smoking ban has been introduced in China's capital city Beijing.
It coincides with World No Tobacco Day and was welcomed by the World Health Organization."
- Woman wins $23 bn from tobacco company (July 22, 2014) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"A court in the USA has ordered the tobacco giant R.J. Reynolds to pay a woman $23.6 billion in damages."
- Scientists tell WHO e-cigarettes are helpful (31st May, 2014) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"A group of scientists has written to the World Health Organisation two days before World No Tobacco Day on May the 31st."
UK to ban smoking in cars with kids (February 14, 2014) - a lesson plan with AUDIO
"Britain will soon ban smoking in cars with children. Britain's government wants to reduce the harm cigarette smoke does to children."
Free Day Resource Page : Lesson plans - Worksheets - Activities - ... (Teacher Planet)
Argue!: A Young Writers' Workshop - UPDATED
"This is actually 6 hours of lessons combined into one workshop.
The workshop is divided into three sections: Building an Argument,
Weighing an Argument, and Refuting an Argument.
Students learn to express themselves clearly and logically while examining
topics such as smoking in public places, free university, and using
public transportation... Dictionaries are mandatory for this lesson."
introduces smoking ban - 2 January, 2008
Listen to the story and try a quiz
- with a lesson
plan based on this story
Great American Smokeout:
Anti-Smoking Activities 'Permeate' the
Curriculum - Lesson plans (Education World)
packets to carry gory pictures - a lesson plan with AUDIO (Breaking News English)
POLITESSE d'après Wings 3eLV1 - Part 6 - Lesson 2
proposée par Céline
Roos (Académie de Strasbourg)
Smoking Ban - a lesson plan (advanced) with AUDIO (breakingnewsenglish)
and smoking bans
1. Smoking vocabulary
2. Smoking - facts and figures
3. Excuse me! Can I smoke here?
4. Smoking Bans
5. Smoking bans - Opinions
6. Give Up smoking campaign
Letter Writing Campaign - UPDATED
"Students will explore arguments against smoking and write letters
encouraging a friend not to smoke.
SUGGESTED TIME ALLOWANCE : 50 minutes
OBJECTIVES : Students will:
- learn a series of facts about smoking and its impact on human health
- write a friendly letter encouraging someone not to smoke."
Objectives: The student will be able to:
1. Recall the detrimental effects of smoking
2. Role play a peer pressure situation of smoking