BACK TO :
Animals : CONTENTS
(Updated on 15/09/2016)
ANIMAL RIGHTS :
- Animal rights "is the idea that some, or all, nonhuman animals are entitled to the possession of their own lives, and that their most basic interests – such as an interest in not suffering – should be afforded the same consideration as the similar interests of human beings. "
- Why Animal Rights?
- Animals Are Not Ours to Eat
- Animals Are Not Ours to Wear
- Animals Are Not Ours to Experiment On
- Animals Are Not Ours to Use for Entertainment
- Animals Are Not Ours to Abuse in Any Way
WORLD WILDLIFE DAY :
WORLD ANIMAL DAY :
Animal Day "is celebrated each year on October 4...
On this day, animal life in all its forms is celebrated, and special events are planned in locations all over the globe. October 4 was chosen for World Animal Day because it is the feast day of Francis of Assisi, a nature lover and patron saint of animals and the environment. Numerous churches throughout the world observe the Sunday closest to October 4 with a Blessing of the Animals...
Animal rescue shelters hold fundraising events and open days, wildlife groups organize information displays, schools undertake animal-related project work and individuals and groups of friends or co-workers donate to animal charities or pledge to sponsor a shelter animal."